2020-21 Middle School Supply List and Dress Code
Please note with any school supplies purchased at Office Depot, PPCS receives a rebate if the purchaser notifies the store of the name of the school being attended or giving them our Office Depot ID # 70017345.
Click here for a printable PDF version: Middle School Supply List
Bible, New International Version**
Paper bags for book covers**
Girls - Kleenex - 1 large box, 1 bottle of hand sanitizer for homeroom class **
Boys – Kleenex – 2 large boxes
Locker Shelf – metal, plastic is too flimsy (optional, but recommended)**
Notebook Paper (three packages or more) **)
Pens – 24 dark blue or black only** (erasable are acceptable)
Colored Pencils or Markers
1 ½ - 2-inch 3-ring binder for each core subject**
Spanish classes: 1 ½ - 2-inch 3-ring binder with 3 dividers
Science classes: 1 report cover, 1 Tri-Fold Presentation Board
History/Science: 1 Composition Book each
English – Highlighter
Math – Calculator – TI-30 / Scientific
Drama - folder for class handouts
Black Shorts or sweatpants (shorts are to follow dress code)
Plain Gray T-shirts (no tank tops)
Appropriate gym shoes (no backless or platform tennis shoes)
Elective Class Supplies
Interdisciplinary 21st Century Skills – folder for class handouts
Art - Sketchbook, spiral-bound (9x12), and black Sharpie (fine point), non-mechanical pencils and large eraser
Band – Standard of Excellence, Book 2 (Blue) for your instrument as well as your instrument with all supplies
**Needed the first day of school
Standard Dress Code
The dress code applies at school and activities where the student is under school supervision. Students should show good judgment in choosing items of dress and hairstyles that do not call undue attention to the individual. Pikes Peak Christian School students should be clean, neat, well groomed, and not disheveled.
Any violation of the dress code is subject to disciplinary action and a request that the student change into more acceptable clothing. Students may be asked to leave class until their parent/guardian brings appropriate clothing. In situations where differences of opinion arise, the decision of the administration will be final.
- Shoes or sandals must always be worn. For safety reasons, closed-toed shoes must be worn in P.E. Athletic shoes are worn in the gymnasium.
- Any garment or jewelry bearing a message or design that is inconsistent with the PPCS mission and philosophy will not be permitted. This would include, but not be limited to: advertisements, symbols, words, slogans or pictures that are sexually suggestive, obscene, profane, offensive, or libelous; that denigrate others on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or disability; that promote violence; or are drug, alcohol, tobacco, witchcraft/occult, or gang related.
- Undergarments must be worn and not be visible through outer garments or exposed.
- Brief and revealing clothing are not appropriate apparel in school. The following guidelines are examples and do not cover all situations. Students shall not wear tank tops, halter tops, garments with spaghetti straps, backless clothing, tube tops, garments made of fishnet, mesh or similar material, muscle tops, pajama-style clothing, or strapless garments. Garments that are see through, cut low, or expose one’s midriff or lower back while standing or sitting are not acceptable. Sleeveless garments must fit closely under the arms. In all cases modesty will be the determining factor in acceptability.
- Gym wear is only permitted in the gym.
- Tight shorts or short shorts are not allowed during school hours or during school activities.
- Clothes may not be extreme in style or length, must not have immodest holes, and must fit appropriately – no excessive sagging, bagging, or extreme tightness is permitted.
- Clothing with design or placement of lettering that calls undue attention to certain body parts is not allowed to be worn.
- Hats or sunglasses may not be worn indoors, except for medical purposes requiring a physician’s note.
- Visible jewelry worn in pierced body parts is limited to the ears, eyebrows, and the nasal area. All visible jewelry and piercings are to be minimal and must not bring undue attention to the individual. Ring or bar-style jewelry may only be worn in the ears and no jewelry may be worn during P.E. or during school athletic activities.
- Hair must be of a natural color, be neat and clean, and not call undue attention to the individual.
- Visible tattoos are to be minimal, are not to call undue attention to the individual, and cannot be of a message or design that is inconsistent with the PPCS mission and philosophy.
- Skirts, shorts, dresses or slits in such clothing must fall no less than 4 inches from the top of the kneecap when standing. Modesty will be the determining guideline.
- Leggings must be worn with a loose top that falls near the mid-thigh when standing.
Social Events Dress Code
The dress expectation is business casual to semi-formal:
- Boys: Dress pants, collared shirts, ties encouraged
- Girls: Dresses, or dress pants and a blouse.
- All dresses must be preapproved for dress code via the PPCS Dress Committee. (Please refer to the High School Social Events section)
The standard PPCS Dress Code is in effect with the following exceptions:
- Girls can wear a dress with spaghetti straps as well as a modest halter-top dress.
- The back of all dresses should at least come to the shoulder blades, close to just under the underarms. Limited modest openings are allowed below that point.