Every Parent/Guardian is expected to monitor themselves and their student(s) for signs of illness every morning. Adults or students are not to come to school if they are ill.
1. Priority Illness Symptoms -Having just 1 (one) of these symptoms requires staying home:
- If within 24 hours one has experienced:
- Fever (temperature of 100 degrees or higher)
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
- New or unexplained persistent cough
- Shortness of breath/trouble breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- Started antibiotics for an illness
2. Additional COVID-19 related Symptoms- Having a combination of at least 2 (two) of these symptoms requires staying home:
- If within 24 hours one has experienced a combination of:
- Muscle Pain
- Sore throat
- Runny nose or congestion
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY REGARDING COVID MITIGATION
The school philosophy is to first implement practical mitigation policies and protocols at varying degrees to allow for effective and positive in-person/on-campus learning as long and as sustainable as safely possible. The following strategies are established in order to implement this philosophy in the current situation and circumstances.
Multi-Student use surfaces will be cleaned with approved disinfectants or sanitizers regularly based on the surface and level of use throughout the day.
Every classroom and most common areas are serviced by a regularly maintained HVAC system that will be managed to regulate airflow and temperature control as recommended by the ASHRAE. The gym is service by an outdoor air ventilation system. Outdoor air ventilation will be used whenever possible in the building. Classroom doors will be propped open whenever possible to allow further airflow.
Teachers and staff will take advantage of doing class and other activities as is practical and effective whenever possible.