COVID Mitigation Actions
Effective September 7th, 2021
SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY REGARDING COVID MITIGATION
The school philosophy is to first implement practical mitigation policies and protocols at varying degrees to allow for effective and positive in-person/on-campus learning as long and as sustainable as safely possible. The following strategies are established in order to implement this philosophy in the current situation and circumstances.
Every Parent/Guardian is expected to monitor themselves and their student(s) for signs of illness every morning. Adults or students are not to come to school if they are ill.
1. Priority Illness Symptoms -Having just 1 (one) of these symptoms requires staying home:
- If within 24 hours one has experienced:
- Fever (temperature of 100 degrees or higher)
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
- New or unexplained persistent cough
- Shortness of breath/trouble breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- Started antibiotics for an illness
2. Additional COVID-19 related Symptoms- Having a combination of at least 2 (two) of these symptoms requires staying home:
- If within 24 hours one has experienced a combination of:
- Muscle Pain
- Sore throat
- Runny nose or congestion
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
Students 3 years of age and older are encouraged to wear a face covering at the discretion of the parent.
Doing so can aide in avoiding quarantine situations if the sick individual and the close contacts are masked.
- PPCS Staff Members are to wear a face covering at all times when indoors with students.
- Parents and Guardians are encouraged to wear a mask in the building but are not required to unless in a classroom with students.
- According to local Health Department regulations, face shields do not qualify as an effective face covering. Face covering should cover both the mouth and the nose securely.
- Exceptions to wearing a face covering are allowed for individuals with medical conditions that prevent safely wearing a face covering.
MORNING DROP OFF
Preschool students may have parents/guardians enter with them to digitally check them in and be dropped off at the classroom door. The parents/guardians are then asked to exit the building.
Staggered Drop-off Times and Locations
- Early Start (2-year olds): no earlier than 8:20am via North Main Entrance
- Preschool (3-year olds): no earlier than 8:15am via North Main Entrance
- Prekindergarten (4-year olds): no earlier than 8:25am via North Main Entrance
- Ready-Set-Go: no earlier than 8:15am via the East Doors
- Families with multiple age children please enter at your youngest child’s time to drop off
- It is understood younger siblings may need to accompany the parent/guardian into the school
PICK-UP -IN AUDITORIUM
Preschool students will be checked out and picked up in the Auditorium. Please follow signs to your area for pick up in the auditorium.
Staggered Pick-up Times
- Early Start (2-year olds): 11:30am
- Preschool (3-year olds): 11:30am
- Prekindergarten (4-year olds): 11:35am
- Ready-Set-Go: 11:35am
- Families with multiple age children please enter at your youngest child’s time to pick up
IN THE CLASSROOM
When possible and appropriate, distancing will be practiced.
Children will wash their hands when entering the classroom and when moving to specials.
Students will wash/sanitize hands before changing rooms and when returning to their class. Specials teachers will spray/wipe down areas in between classes. P.E will be outside as often as weather permits.
Will occur outside in class level cohorts based on playground size regulations.
Every classroom and most common areas are serviced by a regularly maintained HVAC system that will be managed to regulate airflow and temperature control as recommended by the ASHRAE. The gym is serviced by an outdoor air ventilation system. Outdoor air ventilation will be used whenever possible in the building. Classroom doors will be propped open whenever possible to allow further airflow and dissapation.
Teachers and staff will take advantage of doing class and other activities as is practical and effective whenever possible.