COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS (for on-campus learning)
PRESCHOOL PARENTS & STUDENTS
To mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19 to the best of our ability, the following are the procedures that are planned to be implemented during your child’s school day. Please understand these actions serve to mitigate, not eliminate, risks related to COVID-19. Also, the following procedures are subject to change at any time due to local or state regulations.
ALL PARENTS/GUARDIANS AND ANYONE OVER 10 YEARS OLD ARE TO WEAR A MASK WHILE IN THE SCHOOL BUILDING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY REGARDING MITIGATION VS. CLOSURE
The school philosophy is to first implement practical mitigation policies and protocols at varying degrees to allow for effective and positive in-person/on-campus learning as long and as sustainable as safely possible. As a last option, school closures and/or moves to off-campus learning will be driven by staff shortages or local/ state regulations regarding positive COVID-19 cases or “outbreaks” in school areas, the entire school or in the local community.
Every Parent/Guardian is expected to monitor themselves and their student(s) for signs of illness every morning. Adults or students are not to come to school if they are ill.
- Priority Illness Symptoms -Having just 1 (one) of these symptoms requires staying home:
- If within 24 hours one has experienced:
- Fever (temperature of 100 degrees or higher)
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
- New or unexplained persistent cough
- Shortness of breath/trouble breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- Started antibiotics for an illness
- Additional COVID-19 related Symptoms- Having a combination of at least 2 (two) of these symptoms requires staying home:
- If within 24 hours one has experienced a combination of:
- Muscle Pain
- Sore throat
- Runny nose or congestion
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
MORNING DROP OFF
Preschool students may have one (1) masked parent/guardian enter with them to digitally check them in and be dropped off at the classroom door. The parent is then to directly exit the building.
- Staggered Drop-off Times and Locations
- Early Start (2-year olds): no earlier than 8:20am via North Main Entrance
- Preschool (3-year olds): no earlier than 8:15am via North Main Entrance
- Prekindergarten (4-year olds): no earlier than 8:25am via North Main Entrance
- Ready-Set-Go: no earlier than 8:15am via the East Doors
- Families with multiple age children please enter at your youngest child’s time to drop off
PICK-UP -in Auditorium
Preschool students will be checked out and picked up in the Auditorium by one (1) masked parent/guardian. Please follow signs to your area for pick up in the auditorium.
- Staggered Pick-up Times
- Early Start (2-year olds): 11:30am
- Preschool (3-year olds): 11:30am
- Prekindergarten (4-year olds): 11:35am
- Ready-Set-Go: 11:35am
- Families with multiple age children please enter at your youngest child’s time to pick up
IN THE CLASSROOM
When possible and appropriate, distancing will be practiced.
Children will wash their hands when entering the classroom or moving to specials.
Children will not be required to wear mask. If you would like to send your child with a mask you may. If your child comes to school with a mask and plays with the mask or it becomes a distraction the teacher will take it and put it in their backpacks.
Teachers will be wearing masks when with students.
Students will wash/sanitize hands before changing rooms and when returning to their class. Specials teachers will spray/wipe down areas in between classes. P.E will be outside as often as weather permits.
Will occur outside in class level cohorts based on playground size regulations.
Initially, visitors will be discouraged to the building during the school day, with exception to Preschool drop-off and pick up and conducting school business in the office.
Parents need to schedule an appointment if they need to speak to a teacher.
Every classroom and most common areas are serviced by a regularly maintained HVAC system that will be managed to regulate airflow and temperature control as recommended by the ASHRAE. The gym is service by an outdoor air ventilation system. Outdoor air ventilation will be used whenever possible in the building.
Teachers and staff will take advantage of doing class and other activities as is practical and effective whenever possible.
HIGH RISK SITUATIONS or COVID-19 related STUDENT ABSENCE
Special absentee arrangements (long-term absent work, instruction options, and teacher support - not full online learning) for high-risk students, students with high-risk family members, or students in quarantine or isolation due to COVID-19 can be discussed with the school area principal and teacher. PPCS recommends families have their physician review PPCS mitigation steps to help families determine the best decision for high-risk situations.
NON-HIGH RISK OR COVID-RELATED STUDENT ABSENCE
PPCS respects parent decisions out of concern for student safety in these challenging times. Please understand absences by students who are not in a high-risk or COVID-19 related situation will be managed as a regular absence regarding make up work being provided, they are not subject to special arrangements. Please contact the office to request basic absent work.