2021-22 High School Supply List & Dress Code
Walmart #3175 located at 4142 Austin Bluffs Pkwy is one of our sponsors. We would encourage you to purchase your child’s school supplies at this store to show our appreciation for their support of our school.
Click here for a printable PDF version: HS Supply List & Dress Code
Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh & Twelfth Grades:
Please note that Advanced Placement Classes may require additional supplies than those listed below. See the individual class syllabus for more information.
- Bible, New International Version
- Binders, three-ring – 1-inch for all classes (7), except 2-inch for AP classes, Biology and Botany-Zoology
- Book Covers – 5 (Non-adhesive), Paper bags preferred especially for large texts
- Compass with pencil - for Geometry
- Composition Book – one each for: Biology, Creative Writing, Health, Botany/Zoology
- Dividers with tabs/labels – One set of 5 per three-ring binder preferred
- Facial Tissues - 2 large boxes for sponsor class
- Folders, pocket – 2
Graph Paper – 1 package for Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, & Calculus
Graphing Calculator - 1 for Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Statistics
TI-84, TI-Nspire or TI-Nspire CX strongly recommended (TI-Nspire CAS not recommended)
Index Cards, ruled, 3”x5” – 100 count for English 11 & 12, 50 count for Speech
Notebook Paper - college ruled, several packs recommended to last the entire year
Notebooks, Spiral – 4
Pencils, #2 – 1 or 2 packages to last the year Pencils
Pencils, colored - 12 pack for Biology, Anatomy & Physiology and general projects
Pens, dark blue or black – 1 or 2 packages to last the year
Pens, red – approx. 4
Poster board & general art supplies for class projects throughout the year
Protractor - 1 clear, not colored for Geometry
Ruler, 12 inch - (inches and centimeters)
Scientific Calculator – 1 for Algebra I, Geometry
- TI-84, TI-Nspire or TI-Nspire CX strongly recommended (TI-Nspire CAS not recommended)
Elective Class Supplies
9x12 Spiral Sketchbook, non-mechanical pencils
Digital Camera or Smart Phone w/ Camera
Standard Dress Code
The dress code applies at school and activities where the student is under school supervision. Students should show good judgment in choosing items of dress and hairstyles that do not call undue attention to the individual. Pikes Peak Christian School students should be clean, neat, well groomed, and not disheveled.
Any violation of the dress code is subject to disciplinary action and a request that the student change into more acceptable clothing. Students may be asked to leave class until their parent/guardian brings appropriate clothing. In situations where differences of opinion arise, the decision of the administration will be final.
- Shoes or sandals must always be worn. For safety reasons, closed-toed shoes must be worn in P.E. Athletic shoes are worn in the gymnasium.
- Any garment or jewelry bearing a message or design that is inconsistent with the PPCS mission and philosophy will not be permitted. This would include, but not be limited to: advertisements, symbols, words, slogans or pictures that are sexually suggestive, obscene, profane, offensive, or libelous; that denigrate others on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or disability; that promote violence; or are drug, alcohol, tobacco, witchcraft/occult, or gang related.
- Undergarments must be worn and not be visible through outer garments or exposed.
- Brief and revealing clothing are not appropriate apparel in school. The following guidelines are examples and do not cover all situations. Students shall not wear tank tops, halter tops, garments with spaghetti straps, backless clothing, tube tops, garments made of fishnet, mesh or similar material, muscle tops, pajama-style clothing, or strapless garments. Garments that are see through, cut low, or expose one’s midriff or lower back while standing or sitting are not acceptable. Sleeveless garments must fit closely under the arms. In all cases modesty will be the determining factor in acceptability.
- Gym wear is only permitted in the gym.
- Tight shorts or short shorts are not allowed during school hours or during school activities.
- Clothes may not be extreme in style or length, must not have immodest holes, and must fit appropriately – no excessive sagging, bagging, or extreme tightness is permitted.
- Clothing with design or placement of lettering that calls undue attention to certain body parts is not allowed to be worn.
- Hats or sunglasses may not be worn indoors, except for medical purposes requiring a physician’s note.
- Visible jewelry worn in pierced body parts is limited to the ears, eyebrows, and the nasal area. All visible jewelry and piercings are to be minimal and must not bring undue attention to the individual. Ring or bar-style jewelry may only be worn in the ears and no jewelry may be worn during P.E. or during school athletic activities.
- Hair must be of a natural color, be neat and clean, and not call undue attention to the individual.
- Visible tattoos are to be minimal, are not to call undue attention to the individual, and cannot be of a message or design that is inconsistent with the PPCS mission and philosophy.
- Skirts, shorts, dresses or slits in such clothing must fall no less than 4 inches from the top of the kneecap when standing. Modesty will be the determining guideline.
- Athletic type spandex/spanks are to be worn under any athletic shorts worn during sports practices, P.E., or P.E. related classes, and as part of any uniform requiring shorts for grade 6-12 students. Clothing such as yoga-style tights/pants or spandex style shorts alone are not allowed.
- Leggings must be worn with a loose top that falls near the mid-thigh when standing.
Social Events Dress Code
The dress expectation is business casual to semi-formal:
- Boys: Dress pants, collared shirts, ties encouraged
- Girls: Dresses, or dress pants and a blouse.
- All dresses must be preapproved for dress code via the PPCS Dress Committee. (Please refer to the High School Social Events section of Parent & Student Handbook)
The standard PPCS Dress Code is in effect with the following exceptions:
- Girls can wear a dress with spaghetti straps as well as a modest halter-top dress.
- The back of all dresses should at least come to the shoulder blades, close to just under the underarms. Limited modest openings are allowed below that point.